Dave B filed this report and Peter H supplied the photos. Thanks Chaps!
I have cleared the debris from Childswickham Road end and rebuilt the fence leaving a clear opening 0.8m wide. I spoke to a number of walkers while working there; needless to say they all wanted to know what was going on, what we were doing about the path etc. I explained the position more or less as Bernard described it in his response to you. I also discovered that people have been asking about the path at the petrol station and at the caravan site, so I do suggest we provide them with a script to avoid any further misunderstandings.
|Can we make two silk purses
out of two sows ears?
Of course we can!
Work continued on laying new blocks in the centre drain, but it was hot & heavy work and most of us chipped in a bit of effort.
We had a chinwag about the B&B hedge and the options for fencing it off. No conclusions though, and I didn't get round to measuring the spear fencing. Bernard hadn't turned up by the time I left at about 3.20pm. Steve is still very keen on his idea, so you might want to debate things a bit more. A conversation with the ladies might be a good idea, to see what their intentions were.
Steve rolled the ballast along the north section of platform; It's not absolutely level and it might need another go when it's settled a bit. Then he thought it too risky to try taking the roller back down the slope so we had to dismantle the fence to get it back home!
Ron finished off pointing the front edges of the top slabs, and that all looks good.
Robin was there again hammering away all day at bricks - I don't know how he does it!