Saturday 23 October 2010

Saturday 23rd - Great Progress and a Ripping Yarn!

A relaxed and good humoured day with much progress to report. The second 50ft of platform wall has grown another 3 courses - 7 to go chaps! I chance my arm at some wall pointing which proved very therapeutic! The plan is to get the last 7 course up before Ron Briz goes on holiday in a couple of weeks. Weather permitting, this is quite do-able with  a great team effort.  Beyond that we should be able to back-fill the wall and put the coping stones on - what a great way to finish 2010!

In the  morning I failed to keep the bonfire going (twice) and thereby failed my Boy Scout NVQ. It took the efforts of Dave B (the Fire Starter) to finish the job properly. Here he and Stewart are looking fairly smug over the dying embers. To cap it all I managed to rip the back side out of my jeans in the efforts and was the butt(!) of much hilarity (jealously I think?)

3 comments:

David Arnold said...

100 foot platform. Backfilled and with coping stones. All you need now is a pagoda shelter and call it a halt. Plenty of space for an autocoach and 14xx!

Bill said...

David,
I wish our Board saw the same opportunity as you!
Thanks for the comment.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Gents,

The Board does and it has been thought about, but all such opportunities come with a cost!

We simply cant afford it........for now!

Keep up the good work.

Darren Fairley