Tuesday 4 September 2012

20,000 Visits in August 2012

To all "Steaming to Broadway" Followers,
It was great to see the number of Blog visits top the 20,000 mark last night. I would like to say a big thank you to all of the followers and, although 20,000 is just a number, the steady increase in visitors does give all the hard working Broadway Area Group Volunteers a warm feeling that their efforts are  being recognised by heritage railway enthusiasts everywhere. For my part I will try and ensure that the blog continues to be interesting and informative and that the generous donations made through the blog are spent wisely and in the best interest of returning  Steam to Broadway as soon as possible.
Thank you!
Bill

3 comments:

Steve said...

Thank you for your hard work and all those involved and thank you for keeopng us updated; I am sure this why so many visit the blog on a regular basis. I have the blog as my home page on the browser, so I do not miss anything, I vitit Broadway station site as often as I can, although I live a few miles away. I can not wait for the day I can see and travel on a train again at Broadway. Regards Steve

John Williams said...

As a child I travelled by train Birmingham Snow Hill via SOA to South Wales 1946 to 1963 none of the trains that I travelled on ever stopped at Broadway station but I do remember passing through all the stations on the line
During my working career I worked at Saltley MPD and travelled over the North Warwick line many times on 7E09 and 8E38 and numerous diverted trains it was a sad day to everyone at Saltley when the derailment in 1976 at Winchcombe gave the perfect excuse for BR to permanently close the line
I now live in sunny California and I now look back with nostalgia at all the great works that you at Broadway and the rest of the volunteers at GWR are bringing the past back to life again

Bill said...

Steve, John,
Thank for the words of support - they make all the difference and we will press on and make Steam returning to Broadway Station a reality.
Bill