A small but beautifully formed gang of 5 went to Broadway today to try and recover some of the lost ground from yesterday. Here is Jo's Report:-
A lovely sunny day at Broadway today, and a great chance to get some serious brick laying done. John C took the initiative, and 4 others managed to get time off to join him.
John’s mission today was to get the north gable end of the signal box up to the same height as the platform side, which he did but for 3 bricks, when he ran out of mortar. He built up the NW corner and put 7 rows of reds on the N gable end.
Six lintels were delivered yesterday, and these were placed around the box in readiness for laying in a couple of days. Five for the locking room windows; one for the locking room door. John was helped for most of the day by Paul, Mr. Magic Mix.
At the other end of the site Clive spent a happy day laying a total of 4 courses of blues on 1C. Steve B and I helped him by sourcing and stacking a mixture of Mythe and Avonmouth blues, as well as bringing barrows of mortar from John’s mixer.
I put a coat of undercoat on the two GWR lamp posts, and spent an hour digging for GWR china by the goods shed, with success. I got a record haul today, including a nearly complete 1920s period GWR saucer, with emblem.
Attached some pictures of the activities in the sun today.
See you on Saturday,